The Roberts Park Book Club is a group of book lovers from the congregation and community that gathers once a month to share insights about popular literature. Recent selections have included:
Becoming, by Michelle Obama; and The Alice Network, by Kate Quinn
The conversations are always lively and enjoyable.
The book club meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the parlor adjoining Fellowship Hall. All are welcome to attend the discussions (even if you haven’t finished the book)!
Upcoming Book Club dates and titles are listed below:
- October 8, 2019, Faith Bass Darling’s Last Garage Sale by Lynda Rutledge
- November 12, 2019, The Invention of Wings, by Sue Monk Kidd
- December 10, 2019, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, A Novel by Mark Hadden
- January 14, 2020, Being Mortal, Medicine and What Matters in the End, by Atul Gawande
- February 11, 2020, Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe
- March 10, 2020, Toxic Charity: How the Church Hurts Those They Help and How to Reverse It, by Robert Lipton
- April 14, 2020, Educated, by Tara Westover
- May 12, 2020, Unlearning God: How Unbelieving Helped Me Believe, by Phillip Gulley