Our congregation has been selected to participate in the Engaging Young Adults Initiative of the Center for Congregations in Indianapolis. A team from our congregation will attend learning events and implement their learning, beginning this summer and continuing through next year. In the fall of 2020, the team will develop a project to be funded by a Center for Congregations Engaging Young Adults grant.
As you know the Indianapolis Center for Congregations conducted an online survey of Roberts Park UMC to establish a baseline as to how we perceive ourselves and our mission to reach our young neighbors around us. 54 persons from Roberts Park participated in the survey.
Major Lessons Learned at Roberts Park United Methodist Church
• The open-ended responses reflect that the majority of respondents are excited and eager to have Roberts Park United Methodist Church participate in the Engaging Young Adults Initiative and believe that participating in this initiative is an important and necessary step toward sustaining the life and future of their congregation.
• The majority of respondents from Roberts Park United Methodist Church are supportive of the Engaging Young Adult Initiative
• The majority of respondents agree that the congregation is authentic.
• The majority of respondents from Roberts Park United Methodist Church agree that the congregation provides a welcoming environment.
• The majority of respondents from your congregation agree that different metrics must be used to engage young adults.
If you have any questions about this initiative, please contact Pastor Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org